Friday, August 14, 2009
IT'S BACK TO SCHOOL...AND WE'RE READY!
I cannot believe how fast this summer has flown by! Here we are in the middle of August and people are starting to get ready to go back to school. I remember how excited I got every year preparing to start a new school year. I also remember what my parents had to do to get my siblings and I ready each fall and the expense of everything from supplies to clothes to shoes. I remember the shopping trips to the outlet mall in San Marcos with my aunt and cousin. What fun we had and oh how I miss it but I'm still having fun doing it with my own kids. ;)
As most of you know we are now living in College Station and just yesterday we registered our kids for their new school. They will attend Rock Prarie Elementary. Payton will be in 2nd grade and Tyler in 1st. I think they are both excited about meeting their new teacher and making new friends. Meet the Teacher Night is next Thursday, Aug. 20th and school starts the following Monday, Aug. 24th which means there is only one more week of summer, wow! And...what a busy week it will be for all of us!
I'm officially 38 weeks pregnant and we are all anxiously awaiting the birth of our
4th child. The kids keep asking me when their baby sister is going to come and I keep telling them "When she is ready..." but I did go to the dr. yesterday and I was 2 cm. dialated and she said if by chance she hasn't come by the 25th then she would induce me that morning so at least now we know that we will have another baby in 10 days or less so we are very excited about that! :)
So, for all of you who are reading this and preparing your kiddos to go back to school, I wish you lots of luck and a great school year! As most of you already know, I am not teaching this year but rather staying home with Blake, our 2 1/2 year old and of course our new baby (Ashley). And...as much as I've enjoyed teaching for 9 years, I'm REALLY looking forward to staying home with my own kids this year. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment