LIVE SIMPLY. LOVE GENEROUSLY. CARE DEEPLY. SPEAK KINDLY.
AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh No!

Blake turned 18 months on the 21st of this month and it was this evening that he decided to learn how to climb out of his crib. Maybe he has been practicing for awhile--who knows? But...it was this evening that he attempted three times before finally falling asleep. It also was this evening that Scott and I just happened to be extremely exhausted. We have been so spoiled by him being such a good sleeper since he was born that we were somewhat aggravated when he woke up for the fourth time at 4 a.m. We woke up to find him crawling in bed with us. Of course, this alarmed us because we knew that not only did he crawl out of his bed by himself but he also managed to make it down the stairs by himself in the dark. This is a scary feeling as a parent! Anyhow, needless to say we stayed up and "partied" with him until the next day but we decided to stand at his doorway before bedtime the next night and watch him so that we could see just how he was getting out of his crib. You're probably thinking that he's out of his crib now but we just were not ready for that yet so we rigged it so that we didn't think he could get out of it. And luckily, he has't gotten out since! :) If you are experiencing this issue with your little one, I'd be happy to tell you how we did it. Just call or email! :)

4 comments:

Krystal.Stenseng said...

That is too funny! I love the play-by-play of the photos. What a little monkey!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! Matt and I are laughing at your pictures! I'm curious what you did to stop him.
We need to talk soon. Need to catch up :)
Silvia

Anonymous said...

I am surprised how he did it. He looks so little!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! This is something Sydney would totally do! She still (at 4) likes to get out of bed, come downstairs & sneak into bed with us. I'll wake up in the middle of night & she's wedged in the bed with us! It's like she has stealth mode - I never hear her! :) Hope you're getting more sleep!