LIVE SIMPLY. LOVE GENEROUSLY. CARE DEEPLY. SPEAK KINDLY.
AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas 2007

Can you believe another Christmas has already come and gone? Wow! 2007 happened so quickly!! When I was younger, I always felt the day after Christmas was a big letdown because there were no more presents to unwrap. (Not that I didn't have enough...) But...as an adult, I feel total relief that the hustle and bustle of the holiday is now winding down. The last few days have been a whirlwind of activities, visitors and visits. I will be so glad when school starts again and we all get around to some degree of normalcy. Please don't think I am a scrooge. I love Christmas time and all that comes with it! One of my favorite parts is seeing my kids open their presents Christmas morning...the looks on their faces are priceless! :o) 2007 has brought many wonderful things....and we are so fortunate! We were blessed this year with good health, our family and friends and a new baby. Here's a quick update... Payton is now 6 1/2 and in 1st grade. She absolutely loves her teacher and school. She is doing very well too. She is a Girl scout this year and is getting excited about selling cookies this month. So....if you love Girl scout cookies--call us!! :) Tyler will be 5 the last day of January and is still attending St. Martha's Catholic School here in Kingwood. He too is doing well and has lots of friends! He is still tall and skinny and loves to play anything that can be played outdoors. Let's just say he is a walking ball of energy! :) This leads me to the baby...although my baby is about to be one year old this month (21st) and this is proof how time flies! He is currently running around everywhere and has been for the last month. He took his first steps at 10 1/2 months. There is currently no more formula or baby food in our house.....hmmm...I'm wondering if there ever will be again?? Scott is still at Baylor College of Medicine working on his Post-doctoral studies. His research has focused on the role of epigenetics, genomic imprinting, and neurodevelopmental disease, particularly the Angleman syndrome gene. I am still teaching at Greentree Elementary (4 min. from my house!). I decided to move down to Kindergarten this year after teaching 1st grade for 7 years and believe it or not....I absolutely love it! Well, I'm hoping everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year...and I hope that 2008 brings you all joy and happiness!

1 comment:

Faith said...

Lisa,

I love your blog...it sounds like your family is so happy and are doing so well - I'm glad to hear it. I especially love the pics (and can see what you meant in your blog about seeing the smiles on your kids faces when they open their presents - they look soooooo happy!!) I can't show Haley the one of Payton & the kitten - she would be so jealous!! Anyway, you forgot to mention your anniverary - happy Anniversary, by the way, and your upcoming b-day. That's a mom for ya - anyway, have a good one!!

~Faith